Cajun/Creole, Sandwiches, Fish & Chips
Price Range : Under $10 ($)
Adress: 9591 S Main St, Houston, TX 77025
Phone: (713) 662-3054
- turned_in_notHealth Score86 out of 100
- list_altTakes ReservationsNo
- credit_cardAccepts Credit CardsYes
- thumb_upGood ForLunch, Dinner, Late Night
- local_parkingParkingPrivate Lot
- directions_bikeBike ParkingNo
- accessibilityGood for KidsYes
- groupGood for GroupsYes
- insert_emoticonAmbienceDivey, Casual
- volume_upNoise LevelAverage
- turned_in_notGood For Happy HourNo
- transit_enterexitOutdoor SeatingNo
- tvHas TVYes
When ever in Houston Stop by the best Poboy Shop in the Medical Center.. Original poboys...where your food is prepared with Love. And the real New Orleans Flavor..With the dedication of His Wife and great Team. You will not be disappointed...The poboys. Seafood n chicken are Made fresh to Order..The Red Beans ..one of my fav. Along WI. Chicken shrimp mac.. and not forget that big piece of cake.. Delivering that authentic Flavor just like i like...
My food is Always on Point and worth the wait.
I tried this place for lunch after reading a bunch of good reviews and now I'm writing my own! Sleepy's is great food at a great price with huge portions!
I had the shrimp po-boy while my mom had the fried shrimp platter and we had enough to take home for leftovers later. The shrimp platter came with around 10-12 shrimp (we ate them too fast to remember to count how many there were) and two sides. We got double Mac and cheese because we read in other reviews how good it was and it did not disappoint! You must try it if you go here! I made my po-boy a combo with fries and a drink for only $1.75 more. Everything we ate was so delicious!
The food took a little longer than I thought it would to come out but everything tasted like it had just been made fresh and I'll never complain about waiting a few extra minutes for hot, fresh, high quality food!
They get busy around lunch which means both that it's really good and everyone in the community knows it and also if you're impatient and don't want to wait make sure to come a bit before or after the lunch rush.
I'll definitely be back!
I will try to keep this simple but...I'm not that girl.
1. Ordered the fish and shrimp platter. Mac&cheese and green beans. Koolaid, hot sauce, tartar and cocktail to compliment.
2. Took about 10 minutes.
3. The fish and shrimp were fresh. Lightly seasoned from the batter. I prefer my seafood to possess some level of flavor before the generic Louisiana fish fry buuuut that's ok.
4. The green beans packed a nice spicy kick
5. Mac&cheese was righteous, do you hear me?!
All in all, I will return at some point.
Seasoned to the bone!!! Next time I fly to Houston I'm getting an order of lemon pepper wings.
We always pass by this place so we tried the fish and shrimp platter. It comes with 2 sides so we had the green beans and the mac and cheese.
There were 4-5 pieces each of the fish and shrimp, all decent sized and had a great Cajun flavor. The sides were amazing. The green beans had really good, slightly spicy flavor. The mac and cheese was hella cheesy.
Waited about 10 minutes for our to-go order. Would return to try a po-boy.